Red Dead Online Gets Its Battle Royale Mode
As of now, Red Dead Online will be getting its answer to the Battle Royale mode with Gun Rush. Although the player scale will be far smaller than the traditional 100 player-count, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun. In Gun Rush it will pit 32 players against one another, with the map shrinking over time bringing the combat into closed-quarters. However, while weapons and ammo will be scattered throughout the map, players will only be initially armed with Bow & Arrows and Throwing Knives, with the last player standing winning the match. Gun Rush will be available for Free-for-All and Team variations.
The update will also bring improvements made to Daily Challenges, where players will be rewarded for beating certain set tasks, the Law and Bounty system will also be improved, as well as player interactions and more. Additionally, the PS4 timed exclusive content is now available for Xbox One.
Rockstar Games has also announced that Red Dead Online will stay in its beta stage for the next few months as they continue to improve and stabilize the popular mode. New modes and improvements have also been promised, details of all can be found via the press release below.
If for whatever reason you’re yet to play one of the best games of this generation, you can find out why you should, by reading our Red Dead Redemption 2 review here.
- Daily Challenges: Tackle new challenges each day covering every aspect of the game, from sharpshooting to evading the law.
- Law and Bounty Upgrades: Some changes are coming to the way the Law and Bounty systems work in Red Dead Online to reduce the enticements for griefing. Soon, players will get a bounty for committing crimes and will be incentivized to pay them off within an allotted time. Wait too long and bounty hunters from each of the states will track the player forcing them to either pay up or escape.
- Parley Changes: We’re making the Parley system easier to trigger so that you can avoid aggressive players more quickly. In addition, it will be easier to trigger Feuds, Posse Feuds and Leader Feuds to take on attacking players in structured competition.
- Proximity-Based Player Blips: Player location blips will soon appear only over short distances, reducing the range at which you are visible to others, decreasing the likelihood of being targeted by another player across large areas. Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance.
More to Come
We are working on lots of new content that we will be releasing this year. Just a few of the updates in the works are:
- All-new missions to build on your Story in A Land Of Opportunities – from previously established characters like Horley and Jessica LeClerk, and some new ones as well.
- A range of Dynamic Events throughout the world
- Lots of new competitive modes including new Showdown Modes and Races
Plus new weapons and clothing, and lots more that we’re not quite ready to announce just yet…
Xbox One players can also now access the Red Chestnut Arabian Horse, Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle and the High Roller Double-Action Revolver in the Red Dead Online Beta.