Shadow of War – Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion and Big Update Released
A brand new story expansion for Middle Earth: Shadow of War has been released with Blade of Galadriel. This expansion sees players taking on the role of the Elven warrior Eltariel, a deadly assassin working for the Elven Queen who has been sent to Mordor for millennia to hunt the Nazgul.
As Eltariel, players will be able to use a host of deadly new combat abilities, skill and gear, as well as encounter memorable new Nemesis characters such as Flint, Tinder and the Slayer of the Dead while battling Nazgûl and learning more mysteries of their past. A character skin that can be used in the main story is also unlockable, you can check out its dedicated trailer below.
On top of the paid expansion, the developers have also made several new free content updates available for players, which according to the press release include:
- Nemesis System Enhancements – Orc Captains (whether friends or foes) can exhibit new traits and behaviours, adding further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, such as:
- Tunnel Rat – Orcs can burrow into the ground and summon Ghûls.
- Sniper Shot – Archers can fire from great distances with pinpoint accuracy.
- Tremor – Ologs can pound the earth with tremendous force, staggering nearby threats and heavily damaging structures.
- Gifts of Treasure – Followers can now bring players the gift of a Treasure Orc, providing even more ways to earn Gems and Mirian.
- Photo Mode Upgrades – New filters, frames and styles, along with adjustable expressions and added stickers, giving players more options for customising in-game action shots.
- Player Skins – Choose to appear as Talion or Eltariel in the main story campaign.
- Training Orders Update – Players can now upgrade their Orc Followers with Training Orders while in the Garrison, saving time and offering more flexibility in deployment.
- Player Stats Page – New menu for players to track a variety of in-game statistics, including the number and type of enemy kills, dominations and betrayals; fortresses conquered and defended; gear pieces collected and upgraded; and many more.
- Field of View Options – More ways for players to customise the user interface and scale their field of view.