Horror Fans Might Want To Keep Their Eye On ‘Claire’
The game follows Claire, who must, with her dog try to find her comatose mother in a hellish and dark world where an unseen threat is lurking behind every shadow. However, on the way she will get to meet people who are condemned in the dark, seeking salvation from it. It will be up to Claire to decide just who she will save and whatever she does do, will define who Claire is and if she deserves redemption herself.
According to the Steam page:
- Play as Claire and explore multiple levels accompanied by your dog, Anubis.
- -Use a lighter or a mouse-controlled flashlight to explore an increasingly dark world.
- Contend with the panic system, a system that increases the scariness of the environment as fear tightens its grip on Claire.
- Fight back Claire’s fear and stay alert with items scavenged from the dark corners of the world.
- Find others lost in the darkness, help them and decide to save them or leave them be.
- Multiple endings determined by plot choices and interactions with the others.
- Multiple difficulty settings, including “Nightmare” where Claire can literally be scared to death.
- New Game + allows you to keep your items and ramp up the difficulty.
The game looks to be really good so far, and the art style really stands out. In the words of the great and mystical Barry… “Silent Hill 3 + The Lone Survivor = Claire“. I sure hope he is right. Check out some screens below.