Resi Inspired Indie Horror Daymare: 1998 Arrives This Summer, New Trailer Released
It’s been a long-time coming, but Invader Studios has announced that Resident Evil 2 inspired, Daymare: 1998 will release this Summer for PC, with the PS4 and Xbox One versions to follow shortly afterwards.
To mark the summer window announcement, Invader Studios has released a new gameplay trailer which focuses on one of the playable characters known as Agent Liev *Cough* HUNK *Cough, a member of H.A.D.E.S (Hexacore Advanced Division for Extraction and Search). However on his latest mission, Agent Liev soon realises that he has quite literally, bitten off more than he can chew. You can watch the new gameplay trailer below, as well as checking out a batch of new screenshots.
Additionally, Invader Studios has teamed up with two new partners to help ensure that Daymare: 1998 comes to life and that it is the best retro inspired, indie horror that it can be. Invader Studios are now teamed up with Destructive Creations and All In.
Below are some official details on the mechanics of Daymare: 1998. Are you looking forward to this indie horror? Let us know across our social media channels.
Daymare: 1998 Features:
- Multi-character POV – see the story from different angles and discover the truth;
- Fearsome enemies – rendered in detail with lifelike animations and dismemberment;
- Realistic HUD – check inventory, health and position on a given piece of equipment;
- Environmental puzzles – finding your way around is not always easy, so look for clues;
- Classic mechanics – limited ammo and save points, backtracking, collectibles, tough enemies and more;
- Modern graphics and effects – not everything is old-school, thanks to Unreal Engine 4;
- Experience the 90s – the game is a homage to the era, with tons of references.