EGX 2019 Tickets on Sale Now
Last year it was decided that EGX would move away from the more centrally located Birmingham NEC and head back to London, with ExCeL being the events new home. While the move didn’t go down well with all fans, from what I hear, the new location will be more spacious and less congested then other previous events, which is always a plus in my book. With the move to London, on a personal note, I’d love to see the likes of Capcom attend this year.
Once more sponsored by Virgin Media, EGX will offer a host of AAA titles and indie darling videogames to try out before they release on general sale. There will also be the popular Developer Q&A sessions, eSports events, a retro section, Meet and Greets, the GamesIndustry.biz Career Fair, merchandise stands and much more. This year’s EGX also promises to be the biggest show yet.
EGX will take place over four days between the new dates of October 17th to October 20th and tickets can be purchased here. Below, courtesy of the official press release, you’ll find added details as to what to expect to see at EGX this year.
- A packed show floor featuring the world’s biggest game franchises playable pre-release
- The incredible Rezzed Zone housing the largest collection of indie games in Europe
- Globally respected game development talent offering insights into their latest projects in the Developer Sessions
- Various eSports tournaments with some of the best players competing across the weekend
- Meet and greet sessions with prominent YouTube and Twitch personalities
- A massive cosplay arena with daily masquerades, competitions, how-to talks and photo shoots
- A vast retro area with systems spanning 40 years of gaming as well as arcade and pinball machines
- The return of the Games Library with visitors able to pick and choose from a massive catalogue of games to play with their friends
- The GamesIndustry.biz Career Fair featuring publishers, developers, recruiters and educators offering guidance on beginning a career in games
- The GamesIndustry.biz Trade Zone, offering meeting space and networking opportunities to the UK industry
- Retail stands with limited edition merch and pre-order incentives exclusive to EGX
- Community parties on Friday and Saturday nights packed with entertainment