Uncharted 4 Releases March 2016 as Collector’s Edition announced
SCE and Naughty Dog have announced that Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End will release worldwide on March 18th 2016 and they have also revealed a snazzy Collector’s Edition, among other editions.
Now that we’ve got the highly anticipated release date out of the way, let’s get on to the various collector/special editions announced.
First up we have the Libertalia Collector’s Edition. Weighing in at £109.99/$119.99, this edition comes with:
- A 12″ premium Nathan Drake statue by Gentle Giant
- Three multiplayer outfits: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Heist Drake, and Desert Drake outfits
- Two custom weapon skins: Golden Weapon Skin and Desert Weapon Skin
- Henry Avery Sigil ball cap
- Madagascar Sidekick outfits
Next up is the Special Edition, which has an RRP of £59.99/$79.99 USD/$99.99 CAD and it comes with:
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Blu-ray Disc
- Collectible Steelbook case designed by Alexander “That Kid Who Draws” Iaccarino
- 48-page hardcover art book by Dark Horse and Naughty Dog
- Naughty Dog & Pirate Sigil sticker sheet
- Naughty Dog Points: A pack of in-game currency to unlock various multiplayer content
Finally we have the Digital Deluxe Edition which sells at $£64.99/79.99 USD/$99.99 CAD and will be available from the PSN Sore, here’s what’s included:
- A digital copy of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
- Uncharted 4 Triple Pack: Includes future access to the first-ever, single-player story add-on for the Uncharted series and two multiplayer packs that will unlock new, rare and legendary multiplayer items
- Instant unlock of two multiplayer customization items
If you pre-order the standard digital version of Uncharted 4, you will be able to upgrade to the Triple Pack at the cost of £14.99/$19.99.
There is also a special pre-order incentive which is available with both the digital and physical editions of the game (regardless of where you purchase) and it will include a Drake’s Fortune multiplayer outfit, the Golden Weapon customisation and a pack of Naughty Dog points (in-game currency).
Various retailers will also be offering exclusive pre-order incentives, which does not please me all that much. But below is who is offering what, depending on which retailer you choose to pre-order with. Again the information is only available for North American retailers, but I am sure EU retailers will offer the same incentives.
- Pre-order at GameStop to receive the Multiplayer Booster Pack to instantly unlock a variety of one-time use multiplayer boosts, and The Phurba Dagger Taunt based on the iconic symbol from Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
- Pre-order at Amazon to receive the Snow Camo weapon customization and the Desert Drake outfit multiplayer customization.
- Pre-order via PlayStation Store to receive the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Dynamic Theme and the Desert Weapon customization.
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End will release exclusively for the PlayStation 4 on March 18th.
Source: PlayStation Blog