Bethesda Reveals Fallout 76 Roadmap of Free Content, but Will It Be Enough?
Are you still playing Fallout 76 or want a reason to get back into it? The game may still be riddled with bugs, but that hasn’t stopped Bethesda from giving the game and its player base a wealth of free, upcoming content.
Over on the Bethesda blog, before going into what free content we’ll be getting, Bethesda thanks its players for “sticking with us as we figure this online experience out together” and if you’re one of those loyal fans still getting lost in the post-apocalyptic wastelands, then fair play to you.
Bethesda also thank fans for their continued feedback as they continue to attempt to fix many of the games issues, but they have claimed that server stability has increased by over 300% since launch and apparently, the average player is putting in 4 hours a day! Personally I was put off by the issues at launch and the on-going reports from players, doesn’t encourage me to jump back in. However, that’s not to say that I won’t return in the near future, because I love the series and I’ve always wanted an online Fallout game.
Arriving this spring will be Wild Appalachia, where you will be tasked with hunting down a mythical beast with your colleagues. The content will bring new quests, features, events, crafting and more, as well as a new survival mode. Wild Appalachia will launch from March 12th.
Then in the summer, we’ll be getting Nuclear Winter, which is said to provide “an entirely new way to play that changes the rules of the wasteland.” Nuclear Winter will also bring new Vault Raids, a new prestige system and more.
Finally during the fall of this year, the Wastelanders will be coming to Fallout 76. Not much is known about this content at this time, but it will introduce the “true choice and consequences” system to the game, so I’m guessing it will be similar to the morale choice system in previous games. The Wastelanders will also feature new quests, factions, features, events and more.
Will this content be enough to save Fallout 76 for the long-haul? Only time will tell. Below, I’ll include an image of the Fallout 76 free content road map, as well as the added information via the Bethesda Blog.
- New Quests: Shear Terror!– Uncover the ‘encrypted’ secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
- New Quests: Ever Upwards– Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
- New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping– Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armour of your dreams.
- New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera– Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favourite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
- New Features: Brewing and Distilling– Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
- New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade– Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
- New Game Mode: Survival– This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
- New Game Mode: Nuclear Winter– An entirely new way to play Fallout 76, completely changing the rules of the Wasteland.
- New Vault Raids: Vaults 96 and 94 Opening– For our most seasoned players, test your strength in all new high-level group Vault Raids.
- New Feature: Legendary Players– An all-new prestige system will allow players above level 50 to become Legendary, resetting their characters with all new more powerful abilities.
- Embark on a tale with true choice and consequences in Wastelanders – our biggest and most ambitious update for 76. Wastelanders will include a new main questline, new factions, new events, new features and even more surprises.