“A Drive to Investigate” is the Perfect Pokémon Go Quest During Our Isolation
Pokémon Go has been more than just a game for me, as someone with autism and suffers with social anxiety; this mobile game has done wonders in getting me out and about. Whether it’s to catch that Pokémon that has appeared on my sightings just down the road or to spin that PokéStop to continue on my streak. Its helped make an unsociable person like me, somewhat sociable.
However, while we live in current scary times with the threat of the COVID-19 aka the Coronavirus, Niantic, the developers of Pokémon Go have had to make several changes to help halt any social gatherings such as cancelling Community Day’s, Raid Hours and alterations the Go Battle League, cutting out the walking requirements to unlock the next set of battles and so forth. At the time of writing, you can even purchase 100 Pokéball’s for just 1 Coin.
Over the last several months, Niantic have introduced new premium paid Special Research Story Quests, which gives you early access to Legendary Pokémon, as well as some goodies for your Kit Bag and exclusive cosmetic items. Normally, being someone that is physically disabled, these premium quests haven’t really appealed to me, because due to my limitations, I wouldn’t be able to get the most out of them.
However, despite the country being on a lockdown, normally these premium quests would have even less appeal, thankfully that is not the case with the “A Drive to Investigate” Special Research, as Niantic have catered the adventure for those that cannot leave the house, other then having to hatch an egg on step 3, but hopefully that might be altered in the near future. Granted it might take you a little longer than usual to get through the five steps, but even for someone in my situation, its easily doable and it offers good value for money too.
A Drive to Investigate Ticket costs £7.99/€7.99/$7.99 and with it, not only do you get guaranteed Pokémon encounters, including Genesect, its first appearance in Pokémon Go, but a whole host of goodies. Just from the items that you can purchase in the Shop alone, if bought individually and in bundles, the following items below will cost £12.36. That’s compared to paying just £7.99 for the A Drive to Investigate ticket, but then you get all the extras for completing each step:
- 5x Premium Raid Passes (100 Coins Each) = 500 Coins
- 3x Super Incubators (200 Coins Each) = 600 Coins
- 3x Incense (40 Coins Each) = 120 Coins
- 1x Glacier Lure Module (200 Coins) = 200 Coins
- 1,420 Coins Value
The cost for the above items alone is £9.99 for 1,200 Coins + 79p for 100 Coins x3 at £2.37, equalling a total of £12.36. Then you have all the extra’s detailed below on top of all that, all for £7.99.
Below is each of the five steps included in the A Drive to Investigate Special Research, courtesy of Pokémon Go Hub. If you enjoy Pokémon Go like I do and you want something to do, I can hand on heart recommend purchasing this ticket, because not only do you get plenty of value with the goodies received, but it’s something easily accessible for those of us that are now stuck indoors due to the Coronavirus quarantine.
Have you already picked up A Drive to Investigate? Let us know you thoughts across our social media channels. Finally, stay safe and stay indoors and when this all blows over, we can get back to enjoying the social aspects of Pokémon Go.
Special Research Tasks
- Battle another Trainer 5x (GBL Counts win or loss) → 1000x stardust
- Catch 25 Normal Type Pokémon → 3x Rare Candy
- Give your buddy 1 treats (only need to give 1 berry) → Trubbish Encounter
- Step 1 Rewards → 5x premium raid passes, Pinsir encounter, Genesect Cap
- Power Up Pokémon 5x → 1000x Stardust
- Catch 25 Fire-Type Pokémon → 3x Rare Candy
- Send 3 Gifts to friends → Karrablast encounter
- Step 2 Rewards → 3x charged TMs, Skarmory encounter, 3x Super Incubators
- Transfer 3 Pokémon → 1000x Stardust
- Catch 25 Water-type Pokémon → 3x Rare Candy
- Hatch an Egg → Shelmet Encounter
- Step 3 Rewards → 3x Incense, Scizor encounter, Genesect Bag
- Make 3 Great Throws in a row → 1000x Stardust
- Catch 25 Electric-type Pokémon → 3x Rare Candy
- Play with your buddy → Kabuto encounter
- Step 4 Rewards → 3x Fast TM, Genesect encounter, Glacial Lure Module
- Battle a team leader 3x → 1000x Stardust
- Catch 25 Ice-type Pokémon → 3x Rare Candy
- Take 3 snapshots of Genesect → Durant Encounter
Step 5 Rewards → 1x Puffin, 10x Genesect Candy, 3x Star Piece