StarCraft 2 Patch 2.0.4 Brings Expansion Features
“In a few days”, Blizzard will be releasing the last patch before the StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm expansion. If they hold to form, that means Tuesday for the US and Wednesday for the UK. Here is what you can expect:
- An all-new user interface with new menu screens.
- The launch of in-game Clans and Groups.
- New Replay features, such as Watch with Others and Take Command.
- A multitude of Editor improvements.
- New matchmaking options: Training Mode, Vs. AI Mode, and Unranked Play.
- All-new AI Options, including AI Communication.
- Players Near You, so you can find other StarCraft II players on your local network.
- New customizable Observer UI.
Other enhancements coming with patch 2.0.4 include a revised help section, new game privacy options, new group sounds, and language selection (in some regions).
That really only leaves out the single player campaign and multiplayer units, along with the new leveling system.
I’m personally looking forward to the unranked play; alleviating the stress of laddering whilst getting good practice in is something I have been waiting for since the game was released. The background downloader for the patch was activated on February 9th. It’s a good idea to let it get started so you will be ready to play next week.
The full expansion is released on March 12th. Prepare.