Season Pass and Free Content for Assassin’s Creed Origins detailed
Ubisoft has detailed the season pass content as well as some free content for all, for Assassin’s Creed Origins. The season pass content includes two story expansions, the first expansion entitled The Hidden One is set to release in January 2018 and takes us to a new Roman invaded region set years after the events of the main campaign, as well as increasing Bayek’s level cap.
The second expansion will focus on the great Egyptian mythology and is certainly a set in the surreal territory as we battle against undead pharaohs, warriors, beasts and more. The Curse of the Pharaohs will also increase the level cap further more and will introduce new abilities, it is set to release March 2018.
The other content featured in the season pass includes two add-on packs that grants new outfits, weapons, a shield and a mount. It also includes 500 Helix Credits and an exclusive “rare weapon” known as the Calamity Blade.
We already know about the free post launch content that is the Discovery Tour (early 2018), but we also have plenty of more free content to look forward to. Such as The Trials of the Gods (available 15 days after launch), which pits us against Egyptian gods in special timed events. The Nomad’s Bazaar (at launch), “a wandering merchant” that challenges us with daily quests that will reward us with “mysterious exotic rewards”…perhaps a Gjallarhorn! (Well, maybe not). We’ll also be getting a free Horde Mode (early 2018) and Photo Mode (at launch) to show off some of our stunning screenshots to the AC Origins community.
Below you’ll find added details courtesy of the official press release, as well as a new trailer showcasing all the mentioned content, and a batch of new screenshots.
Assassin’s Creed: Origins will release for PC, PS4 and Xbox One on October 27th. It will also take full advantage of the PS4 Pro at launch and then later on November 7th for the Xbox One X.
The Assassin’s Creed Origins Season Pass includes:
- DLC 1 – The Hidden Ones:This story-driven expansion builds upon the growth of the Brotherhood, taking players to a point years after the events of Assassin’s Creed Origins, as they clash with an occupying Roman force in a new region. This expansion will extend the level cap, allowing players to keep on making their character progress. Available in January, 2018.
- DLC 2 – The Curse of the Pharaohs: In this story-driven expansion focusing on Egyptian mythology, players will fight against undead pharaohs and explore a new, mystical realm. During their journey, players will encounter famed Egyptian beasts such as Anubis warriors, scorpions and more, as they investigate the cause of the curse that has brought the dead pharaohs back to life. The Curse of the Pharaohs will increase the level cap further and introduce brand new Abilities. Available in March, 2018.
- The Roman Centurion and Horus Packs: Two exclusive add-on packs including a new outfit, weapons, shield and mount. Available in November, 2017.
- A package of 500 Helix Credits: Available at the launch of the game.
- An exclusive rare weapon, the Calamity Blade. Available at the launch of the game.
On top of that, an extensive line-up of free content, filled with new challenges and gameplay opportunities, will be available for all players both at launch, and post-launch, including:
- The Trials of the Gods:Epic boss battles against Egyptian gods that take place during special timed events – victorious players will receive prestigious rewards. The first Trial of the Gods event will be available 15 days after the launch of the game.
- The Nomad’s Bazaar:A wandering merchant gives players daily quests to complete in order to earn mysterious exotic rewards. Available at the launch of the game.
- Photo Mode: Players will be able to capture and share the beauty of the Egyptian landscape and indulge their inner wildlife photographer while discovering in-game pictures taken by other players. Available at the launch of the game.
- Horde Mode: Players will fight endless waves of enemies in the Gladiator Arena. They will be able to compare their scores with their friends and challenge them asynchronously. Available in early 2018.
- Discovery Tour: This new educational mode turns the world of Assassin’s Creed Origins into a combat-free living museum and will give everyone the opportunity to learn more about Ancient Egypt through guided tours curated by historians and Egyptologists. Available early 2018.