Payday 2 Update Inbound to Improve A.I, Payouts & More
If you’ve played Payday 2, then you should know that despite it being an incredibly fun multiplayer game (especially when played with friends), it’s a game that is certainly not without its faults. Some of these faults were brought up in my review, so I’m pleased to announce today that some of these issues are going to be corrected with a forthcoming patch from 505 Games.
The patch will improve cop A.I, so with a bit of luck that should mean that they won’t be climbing on top of car bonnets and grouping together in narrow hallways. The patch will also give you improved heist payouts, increased difficulty and more.
Below are the details to what exactly the patch will be improving:
- Improved killer instinct for the AI team. They are more aggressive and more prone to stay alive even on the OVERKILL difficulty. Single player never looked more tempting.
- Much harder OVERKILL! Yes you got it – now don’t cry.
- SWATS now have much better flashbangs – use the shades!
- More balanced single player sessions
- BULLDOZERS are now EVIL
- Added more and better run and walking animations for our dear enemies.
- Improved Payouts!
- The Crime.net economy has got a major upgrade. After looking at massive amounts of data and collecting player feedback we have implemented and tested a new economy system.
- Each contract now has reward dependant on the mission specifics. Some contract amounts can seem low but the REAL value is in stealing the LOOT BAGS. If you sling a lot of Coke for Hector he will compensate you greatly. The reward is different depending on the number of coke bags you clear. On the other hand, if you hit Big Oil + it is not at all about bags and more about completion. If you get the engine to the helicopter and escape you get a hefty contract pay. This makes the game more tactical and you have to fight greed on almost every map.
- CrimeNet is now balanced so you can chose to play for XP or Money or a middle way. Learn this by playing the heists on different difficulties. There are some anomalies to be found and taken advantage of!
- NOTE: If you are in a BAG focused mission, go for the additional bags – they pay out several 100% more than the mandatory bags (for which you get the contract pay). BUT remember – GREED KILLS!
- Multiday jobs pay out greatly and are very rewarding once you figure out how to move additional bags through them.
- Crime.net has reduced its somewhat cluttered info when counting the PAYDAY and contract money for you. You will be presented with a PAYDAY number that shows the amount of money the contract is worth EXCLUDING the LOOT BAGS. This is the offshore account money and 10% of that becomes you spendable cash. Look into it. It is simpler and more straightforward.
- All cash numbers are now presented as offshore money until converted to spendable cash.
- The Contract filter is back!
- Kick Filters. You can now set Kick enabled and filter on that on Crime.net.
- We now display mission bags value on PAYDAY for both mandatory and additional bags in TAB stats screen during gameplay.
- Boosted Aced Combat Medic revive bonus from 25% to 40%.
- Enemies more affected by ECM feedback and civilians are no longer affected.
- Added Inside Man Assets on almost all levels so that you can buy a EXPERT DRIVER that 100% takes away the Escape.
- Made sentry gun tier 6 more effective.
- Added EXP cards in the loot drop for fast levelling
- Added much better cash cards!
- New reload animations for the Deagle!
- Texture fix for the “professional” sight.
- IZHMA 12G Shotgun damage is buffed.
- M308 Rifle has had its damage adjusted correctly.
- Kobus 90 Sub machinegun got a damage increase with long barrel weapon mod. added.