Merlin: The Game Launches Into Open Beta
Merlin: The Game, is now available to play in open beta via Facebook. Aiming to introduce casual gamers to many elements that are usually relegated to the hardcore RPG genre, Merlin is hoping to be the next big thing for social gaming. Head over to http://merlingame.com/ to get started, or for more, see below for the Press Release.
Award winning Bossa Studios plan to change your perception, again, of what a social game can offer:
- Merlin allows you and six of your best friends to fight off hordes of monsters, complete quests and explore new exciting areas.
- As you battle across Camelot gain experience points, level up and customise your character with the skills you want to use.
- Progressing through the game allows you to upgrade your equipment from the basic clothing of the medieval age to shimmering suits of armour, or colourful sorcerer’s robes.
- Striking and exciting visuals allow you to dive into the world of Merlin and explore the world of Camelot beautifully rendered in a new stylised environment
- Be part of the story in the action adventure game that will always have new content for you to explore.
Bossa Studios have had a blast developing Merlin: The Game and here are few highlights from the process:
- The most redesigned part of the game was Merlin’s ears.
- The lyrics for The Knights of the Round Table from Monty Python and the Holy Grail were used as placeholder text during alpha stage.
- The very first design decision on maximum size of maps was 10×10. Now we have some buildings in the hub bigger than 10×10.
- During the making of Merlin the team consumed enough pizza to cover a tennis court.
- The name ‘Leo’ (one of the developers) has appeared in the game in 52 different places during development. 8 of which are currently still in the live game.
To play Merlin: The Game, visit the official website: http://merlingame.com/