Joy Ride Turbo Coming To Xbox Live Arcade
Remember the original Joy Ride trailer back from E3 2009 where it was all about jumps and stunts in large open areas, where it was set to be a free-to-play title, where there was none of this motion control malarkey? Well, that original vision is back in Joy Ride Turbo, heading in just a few short weeks to Xbox Live Arcade. It’s certainly a nice surprise, even if it was spotted on ParterNet earlier this year.
Unlike the Kinect launch title Kinect Joy Ride, Joy Ride Turbo takes the concept and fleshes it out a lot more with the Stunt Park mode, but don’t worry, traditional racing returns from the Kinect title, alongside a whole host of new features. It certainly bears a resemblance to GripShift, but if it’s anything like Trackmania (minus the creation) it should be a lot of fun. The Stunt mode that did make into Kinect Joy Ride was rather limited, so it’s nice to see it expanded, while still maintaining the charm of the series with big, colourful, stylised environments, complete with the Xbox Avatars. A price is currently unknown.
PlayXBLA got the exclusive reveal, but check below for the details -
Experience the freedom and adventure of the open road in the all new Stunt Park, a vast, vibrant playground for your car where you can jump off cliffs, shoot out of a cannon, and more. In Stunt Park, only your steering & imagination limit the whacky tour de force you can achieve with friends. Explore the park’s depths to collect trophies, car parts, and coins to unlock 42 vehicles, each with its own unique characteristics – giving you the edge to show off death-defying tricks and race even faster. Plus, race your way through stunning new tracks, old favorites and 3 modes of play: Battle Race, Pro Race & Time Trial. Challenge family & friends to local 4-player split-screen or race up to 8 on Xbox LIVE. With Joy Ride Turbo, everyone’s in the driver’s seat in this whacky kart racing action.
- Race your friends in local 4-player split-screen or compete with up to 8 on Xbox LIVE.
- Knock out your competitors and take the race lead with rockets, mines, dynamite drops and more.
- Explore the new Stunt Park to gather all of the collectibles and showoff your skills.
- Find and collect car parts to unlock vehicles, each with unique speed and handling characteristics, giving you an edge in your next race.
- Achieve racing leaderboard fame in 3 modes of play: Battle Race, Pro Race & Time Trial.
Source - PlayXBLA